It’s that spooky time of year again, Halloween decorations have begun to decorate the stores and houses, and children are busy picking out their costumes. Here at LCA Greenville and Anderson we are preparing for the fall and the frightened parents.
Head Lice has been known to be one of parents’ worst nightmares when it comes to their children. The itchy scalps and stigmas around lice have made parents tremble in fear for years but we are here to put those fears to rest.
Head lice are surrounded by a swarm of scary myths and rumors. Learning the facts and setting the truth straight can put your fears to rest. Here are some lice facts that make head lice a little less scary:
Not So Scary Lice Facts
- Head lice cannot jump or fly like most common rumors would have you believe. The most common way they spread is through direct head to head contact with an infected person.
- Lice cannot live more than 24 hours without a host to feed off. While it is still best to be cautious, direct contact is still the most common form in which lice are spread.
- Head lice are a parasitic insect, but the specific type of head lice humans get can not be passed on to common household pets. There is no need to worry about your family dog or cat.
- Adult lice are small, about the size of a sesame seed, and are often brown, tan, or gray colored. The female louse can lay up 10 eggs (or nits) a day.
- Lice do not discriminate based on socioeconomic status, ethnicity, or any other human known factor. They simply are looking for host and will take whatever they can attach to. Anyone can get lice!
Removing the Fear
Head Lice doesn’t have to be scary if you know your facts and know how treat an infestation. The faster and easier you can get rid of the lice, the less scary the situation. At Lice Clinics of America, we offer our exclusive AirAlle device. The AirAlle treatment kills lice and nits using heat to dehydrate them, without the use of any chemicals (that can be found in DIY treatments or OTC medications). Our lice services also come with a lice free guarantee to insure you are free of this nightmare and back to the Halloween festivities in no time!
Halloween season is meant to be fun and spooky, but parents shouldn’t be afraid of head lice this time of year. Let Lice Clinics of America help with all your head lice needs so head lice isn’t so scary this year!
If you have any questions or need a head lice removal treatment, don’t hesitate to contact us. At Lice Clinics of America – Upstate South Carolina with clinics in Greenville and Anderson, South Carolina, we are proudly serving Asheville, Hendersonville, Pendleton, and all surrounding areas! Our heated removal process is the only guaranteed way to remove head lice in 1 quick, easy, and safe treatment, so your kids and family members can get back to the things they enjoy. Camps interested in partnering with Lice Clinics of America – Greenville can learn more by visiting https://liceclinicsupstatesc.com, emailing email@example.com, or calling (864) 484-7087.